Monday, December 7, 2015

Neptune Oysters

Neptune Oyster
63 Salem St
Boston, MA 02113

I have wanted to visit Boston for a very long time.  The last time I was here was probably over 10 years ago, so well before my foodie days.  Since that time, I've wanted to see if Boston was as vibrant a food metropolis as other major cities such as NYC or SF.  I jumped at the chance to tag along with The Annoyer while he visited Boston for a conference.  I was getting my food on while he was getting his edumacation on.  I had to start with one Boston's well known favorites that highlights the bountiful lobsters of the Northeast.  I heard that the wait can be an hour or even longer.  Lucky for me, the wait was less than 20 minutes at 11:30 on a weekday.

Wellfleet wellfleet, ma
Island Creek duxbury, ma
Fin de la Baie boutouche, n.b.
Summerside bedeque bay, p.e.i.
Kumamoto willepa bay, wa
Kushi deep bay, bc
These were some of freshest and tastiest oysters I've had.  I quite enjoyed this fresh start to my Boston eats.  West coast oysters are always the winner.

Uni Toast
I should have known this wasn't going to live up to my expectations.  I was expecting more uni, but for the price I should have known better.  They basically made an uni butter and slathered it over some crusty bread.  It wasn't very flavorful.
Maine Lobster Roll toasted roll, hot butter   Even though it's called Neptune Oyster, this is what you come here for.  The lobster meat is all claw and tail and it is plentiful.  The roll perfectly soaked up the juices and butter.  The french fries looked pretty ugly but were actually a crunchy fried complement to the buttery lobster roll.  Is it worth a whopping $29???  I mean it's solid and a great portion, but damn that hurt my wallet.Neptune Oyster was a solid start to my Boston trip.  Had I stuck to the oysters and lobsters it would have been a flawless visit.  My piggy curiosity got the better of me, so I have no one to blame but myself for not sticking to the recommended game plan.  If you love a hot traditional lobster roll, Neptune is a sure bet if you can swallow the price tag.  I'm lucky I didn't have to wait, so try to avoid the weekend crowd if possible.
10 - You NEED to eat here
9 - Awesome!
8 - Very good
7 - Good 
6 - OK 
5 - Average
4 - Not bad
3 - Not good
2 - Terrible
1 - Do NOT eat here



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

sharethis

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes