Friday, August 14, 2015

Cacao

Cacao
414 SW 13th Ave
Portland, OR 9720
cacaodrinkchocolate.com
Yelp


When I lived in Portland, the perpetual doom and gloom would get to me on certain days, especially so when I had a stressful day at work.  I'm definitely a stress eater.  I feel like indulging in something deliciously sinful soothes my woes away.  Living above this fancy schmancy chocolate shop made it easy to drown my sorrows in vats of high quality premium chocolate from all over the world.






I think I've only eaten one chocolate bar from this place, and it was actually a gift from Decidedly Undecided.  The real reason I love this place is for their warm chocolately rich beverages.


Rivoli Dark Drinking Chocolate 72% ecuadorian chocolate, cream, milk
This needs no further description.  It is exactly as stated.  Literally chocolate that you drink.  It is HELLA rich, but Decidedly Undecided down that thing like it was no thang.  I've had it before and it is incredible.  YUMS!
Everyday Hot Chocolate 65% dark chocolate, milk, cocoa powder
I opt for a lighter (if liquid chocolate anything could be considered light) option with the regular hot chocolate.  I often try the different hot cocoa options are various cafes and am usually disappointed.  Options range from saccharine sweet to heavy and flavorless.  I love the hot chocolate here because it is the perfect blend of dark chocolate richness, a little dolop of sweetness, and balance of dairy fat.  They also have a dark hot chocolate option.  Sometimes, thats just a bit too much for me.
This picture has no relevance.  I just wanted to show off my photography skills, or rather the power of my camera.
Cacao is definitely an awesome addition to the Portland scene.  It offers premium chocolate products with the everyday beverages like hot chocolate, drinking chocolate, and your standard coffee drinks.  So you can come buy to peruse their selection of international chocolates, or just come to catch up with some chocolate fiendy friends.  The only downside is the place is not open late so come here to avoid the rain during 10am-8pm, or on Fridays and Saturdays as late as 10pm!

10 - You NEED to eat here  
9 - Awesome! 
8 - Very good
7 - Good 
6 - OK
5 - Average
4 - Not bad
3 - Not good
2 - Terrible
1 - Do NOT eat here

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

sharethis

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes