Thursday, May 24, 2012

Top Pot Doughnuts

I have heard one too many things about this place.  It's always on the list for best donuts in the country.  Dumpling Man doesn't understand why a donut could be all that special.  To him, a donut is just a donut.  I would probably agree, seeing as that Yum Yum donuts back in LA pretty much does it for me.  On the other hand, if I lived in NYC near Doughnut Plant, I'd be singing a different tune.  I go cray cray for Doughnut Plant, but not so much Top Pot.


Old Fashioned Glazed
This is one of their signature donuts and one of their most popular.  Seriously, it just tasted like a donut!

Classic Glazed
I didn't want to go with another glazed donut, but nothing else looked all that special and I definitely wanted to taste their yeast donut.  Yum Yum totally does a much moister and softer version.  The donut here was just whatevers.

Top Pot was totally unimpressive.  I'd pick Yum Yum and Krispy Kreme over Top Pot anyday.  And Doughnut Plant still has my heart.  Too bad it's so far away.  On a brighter note, the Top Pot location in Belltown makes for a great study joint.  It's really spacious, has free wifi, and nobody gives you a hard time about being a squatter there for hours on end.

Top Pot Doughnuts
2124 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

sharethis

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes