Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cake Weekend

To celebrate a birthday and a wedding this weekend, some cakes were in order. The first cake was as delicious as it was beautiful. I had heard of this bakery called Sweet Lady Jane over the years, but never had any occasion to buy anything from there. I read on yelp that the "Triple Berry Shortcake" was definitely one of their customer favorites. So I rushed to the bakery after work, worried that there wouldn't be any good cakes left. But there were no problems when I got there at 6pm on a Friday. $38 later, I had me one of these, a 6 inch (yes 6 inch, so whats that $6.33 an inch?) Triple Berry Shortcake that came with 3 complimentary candles!










Alas, I have no pictures of the inside because once I cut it, I only wanted to eat it with the ravenous appetite that is the ambition of my unhealthy existence. But here is a picture off of yelp.



It easily fed 7 people with still more than half the cake left. It was a big hit, so I'd definitely come back here again. Maybe I'll try the other cakes.

Sweet Lady Jane
8360 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(323) 653-7145
http://www.yelp.com/redir?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sweetladyjane.com%2F&src_bizid=EdEA0bbfp_TJFqNoZR1mHw
Find it on Yelp


Next on the weekend cake tour, Wedding Cake!






Lovely cake, isn't it? Too bad it was not as delicious as it looked. Just your average cake (sorry Sam!) But with all those flower, it was such a sight to see. The lighting was really great too so the pics came out really nice, altho I think the shrinkage effect ruins it. Damn that shrinkage!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

sharethis

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes