Thursday, April 26, 2012

Molly's Cupcakes

Everyone knows I'm a sucker for sweets.  If you didn't know that, you do now.  Lately I've been on an ice cream binge, but I'll only eat the good stuff, the artisanal stuff, hand made, small batches, interesting flavors.  Unfortunately, Chicago didn't have anything like that.  They most popular ice cream shop is some parlor/diner old fashioned type of place.  PASS.  So in the end, I didn't have any plans to hunt down dessert on this trip.  It just so happened that Del Seoul was just up the street from Molly's Cupcakes.  Cupcakes really don't do it for me, but I couldn't pass up the fortuitous coincidence.

Cookies 'n Cream
The consistent theme with all the cupcakes here are that they are SUPER DUPER moist.  I was just in sheer disbelief at how soft, fluffy, and moist they all were.  The flavors were pretty good, not overly sweet.  I avoid eating all the frosting just to bypass the sugar dump, but it really wasn't so overwhelming like it can be at some other bakeries. 


Coconut Cream
I'm not a big fan of coconut things, but this was pretty good.



Banana Chocolate Chip
I don't really like banana things too much either but this was delicious.  Again, it really was the moistness of the cake that really got me.

Blueberry Cheesecake
This was probably everyone's favorite.  It had the cheesecake, the graham cracker crust, and fresh blueberries.

If you are a cupcake fan then you will surely enjoy Molly's Cupcakes.  I think what they are famous for are the center filled cupcakes.  The Ron Bennington seems to be a popular one but I wasn't much in the mood for peanut butter flavor.  The cookies 'n cream one and blueberry cheesecake were center filled but not overwhelming.  I think I'm gonna have to ding Molly's for the appearance of their cupcakes which look kinda homemade, bordering on sloppy.  Besides that, you can't beat the moistness.

Molly's Cupcakes
2536 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60614

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

sharethis

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes