Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sweet Iron Waffles

I used Yelp for the majority of my Seattle eats for this trip, but I also turned to other bloggers.  Namely, The Gastronomer, is a bit of a world traveler and she does a great job documenting all her eats throughout her travels.  Sweet Iron Waffles happened to be the subject of one of her posts.  I think she is a Liège waffle fan.  Liège waffle you ask?  A Liège waffle is a "richer, denser, sweeter, and chewier waffle...it features chunks of pearl sugar, which caramelizes on the outside of the waffle when baked."




They had many different flavors, but I decided to go with the classic to really get a good taste of a pure Liège waffle.  I will have to say that I was somewhat disappointed.  I think my expectations were just too high because, really, the waffle was served hot off the griddle, soft with a delicate chew and just a hint of sweet.  I could see why people love the waffles but I needed more.  I think I should have gotten a waffle with toppings.  Also there was some distracting flavor on the waffle, I think from the grease they use on the griddle.  I tasted/smelled something glue like?


If you love a Liège waffle then this seems the place to have them in Seattle.  I think I'll keep trying the popular waffle places.  I'm sure I'm bound to find one I like.   How can I resist sweet fluffy carbs??




Sweet Iron Waffles
1200 3rd Ave, Ste 110 
Seattle, WA 98101


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Darin at October 31, 2010 at 9:45 PM said...

Ah, beautiful. Have you been to Syrup Desserts here in LA? I wonder how it compares.

Gastronomer at November 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM said...

Aw... Sorry to hear that your waffle tasted like glue! WTF? That just ain't right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

sharethis

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes